Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Beer

There's an epidemic in my neighborhood, y'all.  I live in a small city in South Carolina and yet the majority of my neighbors are from Wisconsin, DON'T YOU KNOW.  Having only lived in the South throughout my 20-something years, it's been interesting to learn and try new things from the land o' lakes.  I won't be trading my shrimp and grits for venison sausage any time soon, but some things (ie. cheese curds, NOM) I've grown to love.

My favorite Midwestern treat so far? Summer beer.  It's cheap and doesn't require a degree in mixology to create.  It's also so, so easy to drink -- dangerously easy, in fact.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm filing this delicious summer cocktail under the KEEP AND MAKE AGAIN & AGAIN  folder.


Via The Nesting Game


SUMMER BEER:
1 6oz Can of Pink Lemonade Concentrate, Thawed
6oz of Vodka (more if you're feeling extra frisky)
4 Cans of Light Beer
Option: Add frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, etc) for an extra festive touch!

Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, add ice, and serve.  Cheers!


PS. That healthy side dish recipe I said I was going to share today? Yeah, we'll save that for later.  I figured Summer Beer was more important. You're welcome.







1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be making this recipe.

    ReplyDelete