Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bless the USA

How was everyone's Fourth of July?  Levi and I lounged on our front porch with our next door neighbors and threw back a couple of cold ones before we headed over to the neighborhood potluck.  We ate way too much food, played a few games of kickball and finished the night with our own personal fireworks display.  Quite the slice of Americana, eh?

I wore my new favorite tank top, which I am sure will make an appearance for every USA-related holiday from here on out.  Doesn't it just make you smile?! You can purchase your own here.

Fun fact: the tank ships from the land of big porches, rocking chairs, and empty beer cans -- Milledge Avenue in Athens, Georgia.  I felt a wave of nostalgia seeing my old stomping grounds as the return address when my package arrived. Go Dawgs!

Come back tomorrow -- I'll be sharing the recipe for my potluck dish (delicious AND healthy!).  And since I value the important things in life, I'll also share the recipe for my favorite summer cocktail (delicious, but not so healthy).

No comments:

Post a Comment