Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday, Already?

via

Oh hey, Friday.  I know that I don't usually say this, but I am SO not ready for you to be here.  I still have approximately 5000 things on my to-do list that still need to be accomplished.  Can we rewind to Tuesday or Wednesday, pretty pretty please?  

Well it looks like I'm going to be attached at the hip with my desk all weekend, but let's have a little random Friday  chit chat before I get down to business.

- I desperately need a new pair of black leggings.  My legs are my least favorite part of my body (total pear shape here), so I'm on the hunt for leggings that are opaque and thick enough to hide a multitude of sins.  Looking skinny is the goal here, people.  I've narrowed it down to either Spanx 'Look-at-Me' Shaping Leggings or Zella 'Live In' Leggings.  I've heard great things about both, but I do prefer the waist band on the Zella pair.  I'm taking votes!  If the Zella pair works out, you can bet that I'll be buying this faux leather pair too.

- Honestly, I was feeling pretty lazy at the gym yesterday and decided to try this Intense Incline Walking Workout, thinking that it would be easy. It was no joke, guys.  My short legs couldn't keep at 4mph speed the whole time, so I did the second half at 3.5mph.  I'll definitely keep that workout in my rotation for days when I just want to get on the treadmill and watch Bravo (while huffing and puffing, of course).

- Although nowhere near the stage of my life where I start thinking about kiddos of my own, I do think this Paddington Bear for babyGap line is so amazing.  It makes me want to DIE of cuteness.  Some of those dresses would look pretty cute in my size, too.

-  Does anybody watch Sons of Anarchy? I can't stop watching it on Netflix.  It was a show that I had zero interest in starting, but both Levi and I are completely obsessed now.  Our days go something like this -- coffee, work, work, lunch, work, work, dinner with multiple episodes of SOA, sleep, and repeat*.

- I have absolutely no idea who is playing in the Superbowl this weekend**.  I mean, I could look it up, but I won't.  Once college football is over, I check out.  Sorry not sorry.



Don't forget to link up for this week's Sunday Edition and enter in this awesome giveaway!

Here's to a productive weekend!




* I cried like a BABY during Season 5, Episode 3 "Laying Pipe". 

** It is this weekend, right?



7 comments:

  1. I just got the spanx ones and love them. They do seem a bit short, but perfect with boots. I don't have the Zella ones but heard great things about them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zella leggings really are amazing. Have you tried the leggings from Zara? I literally have 7 pairs because for the price and being a thick ponte material, you seriously cant beat them! I personally think the puppy bowl is MUCH more important than the real super bowl ;)

    Have a great weekend!
    -Katie
    www.latiblogk.blogspot.com
    katiezabriskie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I watched a few episodes of SOA and it was pretty good, but then he got hooked on Breaking Bad and I on many other shows, so we stopped watching it. I should put it back on the list!

    GIRL, I feel you on the pear shape dilemmas. If either one of those leggings works for you, then please let me know! I'm on the hunt for a good pair to keep this booty in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to look up the Super Bowl teams...promise :) Also, my boyfriend and I had a rather similar lifestyle when we discovered SOA. We're all caught up and watch it during regular seasons, but I must admit I've fallen off the SOA Obsessed bandwagon the past two seasons :(

    Have a nice weekend!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may be the first person who's ever wanted to rewind from Friday, rather than fast-forward to Friday :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about college football..once its over I could care less about the NFL lol! I have some spanx tights that i wear and I got the reversible kind ( one side black the other brown) and I love love love them!! Hope you have a great weekend - and don't work too hard! gma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zella leggings are next on my purchase list. I keep hearing such great things about them!

    ReplyDelete