Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cookies for Dinner


Some of you saw my post on Instagram last night about eating an entire plate of cookies for dinner for under 400 calories.   I found a recipe on Pinterest that promised delicious cookies with no flour, butter, baking powder, etc.   I admit that I was skeptical at first , but now I am officially a believer.  The recipe is oh-so-yummy and impossibly easy.

TWO INGREDIENT COOKIES
1 ripe banana 
1/2 cup of rolled or instant oats
Any additives (I used a splash of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mash up the banana and oats in a small bowl
3. Stir in any additions 
4. Scoop batter onto a parchment lined baking pan (make sure to spray parchment paper with cooking spray to prevent cookies from sticking)
5. Bake for 15 minutes
6. Enjoy cookies for dinner (or breakfast, lunch, or snack) without any guilt. BOOM.







I can't wait to make this recipe with different extras -- shredded coconut, walnuts, cinnamon, peanut butter chips, and craisins all sound good.  The options are truly endless!

Before you health nuts get on me about these cookies not being a well-rounded meal, I am well aware that they are lacking protein, good fats, yadda yadda. 

But sometimes, a girl just needs cookies for dinner... And for that, I will never apologize. 



2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try these! I've heard of lots of sweets recipes that use bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like the perfect snack to kill a sugar craving!

    ReplyDelete