Thursday, December 5, 2013

Worth It: November's Purchases

Thumbs Up



November was a great shopping month.  I didn't buy much, but everything I did buy exceeded my expectations.  Gotta love that!

JCrew Stadium Cloth Cocoon Coat
By far my biggest purchase this season.  I've been wanting this baby for a loooong time, and I'm so glad that I finally took the plunge.  It's warm (pretty important, wouldn't you say?), well-made, and works just as well with casual outfits as it does with nicer ensembles.  The other thing that makes this coat so wonderful is the color.  I bought "Sandstone".  Not only does it go with everything, but IT DOESN'T SHOW DOG HAIR! It's a Christmas miracle!
I've gotten an endless amount of compliments on it, and I can see it being a part of my fall/winter wardrobe for years to come.  

Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Lipstick in 'Succulent Pomegranate'
Without a doubt, this wins my "Favorite Cosmetic Purchase Award" for 2013.  The color is the perfect sheer pink -- some reviewers refer to it as a summer shade, but I plan on wearing it year around.  Heck, it might the only lip product I ever wear again (except for chapstick, of course).  The consistency is gel-like -- sheer, moisturizing, and very natural looking.  It makes me feel polished without being made up.  Two huge thumbs up.  If  you're new to lipstick or just can't find one that is comfortable to wear, give this line a try!  They are definitely a splurge, but if they prevent me from buying a thousand drugstore lip products that end up at the bottom of my bag after only being used twice, they might even save a bit of cash!  My *only* complaint is that the staying power isn't stellar. 

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil
I actually got this as a free sample, so it wasn't really a purchase.  Regardless, it's wonderful and lives up to all of its praise.  I've been mixing a drop or two in with my daily SPF and it's been keeping dry winter skin at bay! I've also applied a few drops to my skin before bed and woken up with fresh, dewy skin.  A full-size bottle is pretty pricey, so I might try buying pure cold-pressed argan oil on Amazon instead at the recommendation of beauty editor Andrea Pomerantz Lustig (her book "How to Look Expensive", is fabulous, by the way).  However, if it's within your budget, Josie Maran's version is pretty darn luxurious. 

Celestial Holiday Limited Edition Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea
I actually debated adding this one to the list because I don't want all of you hussies running out to your local groceries and buying it all up.  But sharing is caring, so here you go.   I bought this on a whim, and was fairly underwhelmed by my first cup.  But then I had another...and another... and now I have 3-4 cups a day.  Addicted.  I've already bought out inventory at two grocery stores.  I plan on doing the same to a few more other stores before it's gone until next Christmas.  Muhaha!


What have been your favorite recent purchases? Do share!





1 comment:

  1. love your blog! I just got succulent pomegranate and love it too!

    ReplyDelete